Cold wrap and heat shrink tape are used for anti-corrosion materials in some constructions, and the anti-corrosion effect is good, but there are also differences between them in the use, which are manifested in the following aspects:
1. Thickness: The thickness of the heat shrink tape is generally ≥ 2mm; the thickness of the cold wound tape varies from 0.3mm to 1.4mm, and is usually 1mm.
2. Mode of operation: The heat shrink tape needs heat shrinkage, and the cold wrap is directly wound.
3, life: cold sling life is generally 8 to 10 years, while the latter life can reach 30 years,
4, use: heat shrinkage belt is more expensive, so it is generally used in the elbow, the three-way winding, and high-end demand, most construction customers will not be used for the whole tube winding; cold wrapped with a cheaper, so the whole tube is wrapped More.
Although the cold wrap and the heat shrink tape both have antiseptic effects, there are many different points in use, so the user needs to make a reasonable choice according to the actual situation and the use requirements when selecting.
The quality of the heat shrink tape installation not only determines its service life, but also determines its anti-corrosion performance on the pipeline. It is judged whether the product is qualified or not. There are several methods:
1. There is no slippage around the lap joint.
2. After shrinking the heat shrink tape, determine whether the heat shrink tape shrinks completely. Observe the obvious glue overflow of the two ports. Each ring should have obvious glue overflow. The sealing piece of the fixing piece should also have obvious glue. overflow.
3, the surface of the heat shrink tape can not have obvious carbonization, and can not appear wrinkles.
4. After the shrinkage is complete, check if there are any bubbles that are not discharged.
After judging that the heat shrink tape is installed, the next step can be carried out. During the installation process, wrinkles can be prevented, and the primer is evenly applied, and the inspection is repeated after installation.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to apply heat shrink sleeve
- What are the factors that affect the shrinkage ...
- How to use the heat shrink tape?
- Why preheat the heat shrink tape?
- heat shrink tape construction process
- Tell you the difference between the heat shrink...
- Requirements of heat shrink tape in steel pipe ...
- heat shrink tape anti-corrosion layer to meet t...
- Coating thickness treatment of heat shrink tape
- Surface pretreatment of heat shrink tape